Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortailPortail  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

On Going Questions

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grim.Reaper
Prospect au repêchage/Draft prospect
Grim.Reaper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-11-04

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 18:48

As I continue to evaluate, without a manual I decided to just keep a running thread of questions that I come across in hopes the developers or other experienced game players can comment.  Here is a few to start.

1)  On the high scores screen, it was already pre-filled at the start.  Who's high scores does that represent?  Is there a way to clear that list and start fresh?  Not sure I really want to see any other player's scores but myself.

2)  On the edit lines screen, you can choose various gameplans.  How do I know what I should run for each of the situations?  What information would I use?  How do I know what is best based on the players I have?

3)  If I don't schedule goalies, what does the game use to determine which goalie would start? 

4)  On the player card screen, how do I know what all the ratings impact in the game?

5)  In some of my player notes, part of the notes are in English, while other parts in French.  Since I am english, really need the text to be all in english, otherwise I have no clue on what it is saying.

6)  Seems like you can "fire" players...is that really the correct term to use?  Pretty sure players get "released" or "demoted", not really heard of fire before.

7)  I was having a conversation with my goalie and asked him what are team's greatest weakness was, he responded "the talent between the pipes"....although I admire his honesty, can ever see a player saying their own position is worse on the team.

8)  Does advanced strategies conflict with edit line strategies?  For example, you can say what you want your middle game strategy to be but you can also say what strategy to use when your trailing...does one override the other?

9)  What's the point of planning travel?  What impacts does it have?  Why wouldn't I always use planes?

10)  Do I have to manage the minor leagues?  If I don't, will the computer coach do it for me?

11)  One of my players are on the injury list with ankle issue....but when I look at the injury screen, ankles/feet are completely green....how can that be?

12)  What impacts does all the responsibilities have (hospital visits, media, roommates, curfew, dress code, etc.)....

13)  Can someone explain how all the sponsorships/tv deals come into play?  Recommendations on what to select?
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 18:57

Very strange...in the middle of my season, all of a sudden I am getting a warning message that my salary is too high....all I did was activate someone from being injured, did not bring any new players on my team.  Seems strange I have to dump a player in the middle of the season.  I could understand this if it was in the start of the season.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 19:06

Grim.Reaper wrote:
Very strange...in the middle of my season, all of a sudden I am getting a warning message that my salary is too high....all I did was activate someone from being injured, did not bring any new players on my team.  Seems strange I have to dump a player in the middle of the season.  I could understand this if it was in the start of the season.

Not liking this at all....just so that I could continue, I had to waive two core players in the middle of the season to make room enough...just have never seen that before where something like that happens in the middle of the season...frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Phoen|x
Développeur/Developer
Développeur/Developer
Phoen|x

Number of posts : 12766
Registration date : 2006-10-27

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 19:13

Basically, what you are asking for is the game presentation you requested. I will try to find the time to create it this week.

As for the salary cap issue, never heard of that over 5+ years. I am trying to think. Other than calling up a player, buying out a contract, claiming a player on waivers, you just can't bust your limit with no move. Unless I am forgetting about something here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesims.net
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 19:18

Phoen|x wrote:
Basically, what you are asking for is the game presentation you requested. I will try to find the time to create it this week.

As for the salary cap issue, never heard of that over 5+ years. I am trying to think. Other than calling up a player, buying out a contract, claiming a player on waivers, you just can't bust your limit with no move. Unless I am forgetting about something here.

This happened right after one of my players returned from injury and I placed him in the lineup.  Its almost like his salary started to impact it after being reinserted.  I would have thought his salary would have been accounted for all along.  I did not make any other player moves.
Back to top Go down
Phoen|x
Développeur/Developer
Développeur/Developer
Phoen|x

Number of posts : 12766
Registration date : 2006-10-27

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 19:24

Unlike the NHL, the salaries that count towards the cap in the game are only the ones from the players currently in the pro. An injury will remove his salary from the mass. I guess it is one other thing that would be useful to include in some sort of FAQ document.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesims.net
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 19:29

Phoen|x wrote:
Unlike the NHL, the salaries that count towards the cap in the game are only the ones from the players currently in the pro. An injury will remove his salary from the mass. I guess it is one other thing that would be useful to include in some sort of FAQ document.

So your saying the game is using non-nhl rules for this situation?  Just can't see this being a realistic scenario.  Players go on injured reserve all the time, players get called up to replace them.  Then when they are healed, they go back into the lineup and the other player returns to the minors.  Very common.  But in this situation, I am getting penalized and have to release a player, trade them, etc. in order to not impact the salary situation.

To me, this is a deal breaker since can't see playing a game and having to release players to manage injury situations....
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 19:32

Does the game pull goalies?  Seems in every game I play where someone is down by 1 or so, the goalie is still in the net making saves when under a minute.

I also noticed in the lineup screen there is no place to assign extra attackers for pulled goalies and delayed penalties...so maybe this is not in the game?  If so, how are extra attackers determined?
Back to top Go down
csc
Administrateur/Administrator
csc

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-02-04

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 19:51

Hi Grim.Reaper,

we are more than happy to help and a post like the first one is OK. But it does not help you or us to have so many replies in such a short amount of time.

We will get back to you with answers as fast as we can and as you found out, some of the questions you asked have been answered by yourself.

Please reply with your still open questions to my post and I will get back to you.

Thanks

CSC
Back to top Go down
http://www.logique-eclectic.com
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 20:03

Unless I have missed it, none of my questions have actually been answered by myself or anyone else, except a partial explanation on the salary item that needed more clarification.

I guess at this point guys I don't want to feel like I am being a pest with my questions so I will stop asking. I was never demanding them to be answered right away, just asking them as they came up. For me this just points out things are not that clear for me and without knowing the reasons behind features make it hard for me to really enjoy the game.

Wish you the best of luck in enhancing the game, but for me I guess I will pass on it for now.
Back to top Go down
csc
csc

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-02-04

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 20:04

All right, thanks for your feedback and you know where to find us if you have any further questions.

CSC
Back to top Go down
http://www.logique-eclectic.com
givetimmyajob
1er choix au repêchage/1st draft choice

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2013-09-13

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 22:43

I'm going to answer some of these question just for future readers, I'm of the opinion that "grim reaper" wasn't genuine with his comments/questions. If you go into any video game looking for problems, you won't have any problem finding them. 

1) On the high scores screen, it was already pre-filled at the start. Who's high scores does that represent? Is there a way to clear that list and start fresh? Not sure I really want to see any other player's scores but myself.

Why worry about the high scores screen? What does that have to do with the players enjoyment of the game? I assume the high scores are from testers. 

2) On the edit lines screen, you can choose various gameplans. How do I know what I should run for each of the situations? What information would I use? How do I know what is best based on the players I have?

I've played all three major releases of GM hockey and game plans have never been the main factor, roster has. GM hockey is based (in my experience more on team chemistry) sometimes a coaching change can help but only in dire situations. If your team is no good, simply changing strategy won't help, unlike other hockey sims/games. 

3) If I don't schedule goalies, what does the game use to determine which goalie would start?

I may be mistaken but goalies are pretty much up to you. If you don't change your goalie, then your starter will probably end up with 82 games played. 

4) On the player card screen, how do I know what all the ratings impact in the game?

I don't know the answer to this question, I use common sense the best I can. If a guy has high ratings in any skill category, he's a top six player but still players without top knotch ratings can produce. It comes back to player attitude. 

5) In some of my player notes, part of the notes are in English, while other parts in French. Since I am english, really need the text to be all in english, otherwise I have no clue on what it is saying.

This isn't a valid complaint. I'm playing the current version and have played all versions, never have I been left clueless on how to play the game. There are some parts untranslated but nothing a person with common sense can't figure out, mainly titles for stats. All newspaper headings and articles are in english. 

6) Seems like you can "fire" players...is that really the correct term to use? Pretty sure players get "released" or "demoted", not really heard of fire before.

Fire is no different than release, again a a silly criticism. Doesn't change the users enjoyment of the game. 

7) I was having a conversation with my goalie and asked him what are team's greatest weakness was, he responded "the talent between the pipes"....although I admire his honesty, can ever see a player saying their own position is worse on the team.

Talking to players is mostly useless, just a cute little add on. Don't let the inmates run the asylum, i.e. don't take anything away from player conversations. 

8) Does advanced strategies conflict with edit line strategies? For example, you can say what you want your middle game strategy to be but you can also say what strategy to use when your trailing...does one override the other?

I've played around with advanced strategies in the past and never noticed a difference, I basically ignore that feature now. Strategies basically remain the same throughout the game. 

9) What's the point of planning travel? What impacts does it have? Why wouldn't I always use planes?

I never mess with this feature, no reason too, again doesn't change the game in any major way. If you want to use plane and waste the time changing the setting, go ahead but it'll likely make no difference. A bad team on a plane is still a bad team. 

10) Do I have to manage the minor leagues? If I don't, will the computer coach do it for me?

What do you mean by manage? If you don't have at least 20 player in your minor system, the cpu will warn you to sign free agents or offer to create players for you, the created players are usually awful so it's better to sign a few career minor leaguers. Outside of editing your lines every so often there isn't much to do. The minor team shouldn't be of much concern. 

11) One of my players are on the injury list with ankle issue....but when I look at the injury screen, ankles/feet are completely green....how can that be?

This is a new feature(the injury diagram) so I can't answer but again I ask, what difference does it make? If your player is out, he's out, who cares what the injury screen says?

12) What impacts does all the responsibilities have (hospital visits, media, roommates, curfew, dress code, etc.)....

This is another feature I don't use however on a rare instance you will get a player who will become unhappy because curfew is set too early and he wants more freedom or doesn't like dressing up. 

13) Can someone explain how all the sponsorships/tv deals come into play? Recommendations on what to select?

The sponsorships highlighted in green are ones you can use, they all explain what they offer. The very first sponsor is a must, it deal with increasing tv viewership. The Tim and tom sponsor will give you a bonus hall of fame player if you win a cup, the very last sponsor will cut your scouting time in half. Lots of helpful sponsors there if you are eligible for them and take the time to read what they offer. 
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 23:19

I want to chime in on this salary thing. I've never had the experience mentioned in this thread either, not once. In past version, I have had a high salaried player get injured after the trade deadline and then not be able to continue because my salary structure was below the salary floor but never have I had a guy injured, come back and then have salary problems during the season. Maybe this is a flaw with the new version as I've only done two seasons so far and haven't figured out how the salary mass works so far.

My first year in legacy the mass was low but it didn't change during the season. The second year it seemed to be higher as I had plenty of money to go after free agents. In the third year, it seems lower as i've had to make trades to get below my required salary mass. After his first year Vladimir Malakhov (1.9 mil) turned down his qualifying offer and went to europe, with only three games left the next season he returned and I didn't have space for his salary so I had to release a player to put him on the PHL roster, that's the only situation where I've had to release players without making any roster changes on my own and Malakhov could have been sent to the minors without going through waivers, so I didn't have to release anyone, I chose to because of his skill level.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 23:21

Wow...really shocked by some of the responses to what I thought were valid questions, especially since the features are not clearly explained anywhere within the game or manual.  Therefore, I feel it is important that I do respond to each of these counter points regardless of whether I am purchasing the game or not.

I'm going to answer some of these question just for future readers, I'm of the opinion that "grim reaper" wasn't genuine with his comments/questions. If you go into any video game looking for problems, you won't have any problem finding them. 

This could not be further from the truth.  I am a huge hockey fan and always looking for a good hockey game to play.  All my questions/comments were very genuine and in no way was I attempting to be negative about the game.  I am sorry there was a large number of questions, but to a new player without any background on the game or manual available, I thought these were good questions to ask so that I could understand the game better.  In no way was I ever trying to do anything harmful to this game.  I am very disappointed that my comment/questions were taken in anyway besides trying to learn the game better.  The fact I was playing the demo and seriously considering purchasing the game and asking questions was a sign I was interested in the game.  I hope when other future potential purchasers of the game visit the forums they are given a better treatment and the worst is not thought of them when they are just trying to get information.

1) On the high scores screen, it was already pre-filled at the start. Who's high scores does that represent? Is there a way to clear that list and start fresh? Not sure I really want to see any other player's scores but myself.

Why worry about the high scores screen? What does that have to do with the players enjoyment of the game? I assume the high scores are from testers. 

How's is this an answer to the original question.  I never said it had anything to do with the enjoyment of the game or was a game breaker.  Simply asked what they represented and if a way to clear it.  Your response in no way answered that question and made a bigger deal out of it then I did.

2) On the edit lines screen, you can choose various gameplans. How do I know what I should run for each of the situations? What information would I use? How do I know what is best based on the players I have?

I've played all three major releases of GM hockey and game plans have never been the main factor, roster has. GM hockey is based (in my experience more on team chemistry) sometimes a coaching change can help but only in dire situations. If your team is no good, simply changing strategy won't help, unlike other hockey sims/games. 

If this is the case, I don't understand why they are in the game in the first place.  So changing them has no impact on the game?  Just the players on your roster make the difference?  I just have to believe they have some impact on the game and my question was simply asking how they do.

3) If I don't schedule goalies, what does the game use to determine which goalie would start?

I may be mistaken but goalies are pretty much up to you. If you don't change your goalie, then your starter will probably end up with 82 games played. 

After the question was asked, in simming some games, the goalies were auto switched out.  So there is some logic that auto determines what goalie is played.  I am assuming is based on some fatigue or other rating, but that is what I was asking.

4) On the player card screen, how do I know what all the ratings impact in the game?

I don't know the answer to this question, I use common sense the best I can. If a guy has high ratings in any skill category, he's a top six player but still players without top knotch ratings can produce. It comes back to player attitude. 

Fair enough, but was looking for more definitive info, but yes, I do agree at a high level they can be understandable.

5) In some of my player notes, part of the notes are in English, while other parts in French. Since I am english, really need the text to be all in english, otherwise I have no clue on what it is saying.

This isn't a valid complaint. I'm playing the current version and have played all versions, never have I been left clueless on how to play the game. There are some parts untranslated but nothing a person with common sense can't figure out, mainly titles for stats. All newspaper headings and articles are in English.

This was not a complaint, I was reporting issues I were seeing in the game.  I never said it left me clueless like you stated.  But there are parts of player notes text where there are lines of text (not just one word) that are in French and sorry, I don't speak French so common sense does not come into play on this one.

6) Seems like you can "fire" players...is that really the correct term to use? Pretty sure players get "released" or "demoted", not really heard of fire before.

Fire is no different than release, again a a silly criticism. Doesn't change the users enjoyment of the game. 

Again, I was asking a question, no way indicated it was a criticism and never said it impacted my enjoyment.  It is not a term I have heard used in hockey games (except for the coach) so that is why I asked.

7) I was having a conversation with my goalie and asked him what are team's greatest weakness was, he responded "the talent between the pipes"....although I admire his honesty, can ever see a player saying their own position is worse on the team.

Talking to players is mostly useless, just a cute little add on. Don't let the inmates run the asylum, i.e. don't take anything away from player conversations. 

These are the things I am looking to understand and the reason for the questions.  Features appear to be in the game and based on your comment have no impact on the game.  Without asking the question, I wouldn't have known that and may have thought it had some impact.

8) Does advanced strategies conflict with edit line strategies? For example, you can say what you want your middle game strategy to be but you can also say what strategy to use when your trailing...does one override the other?

I've played around with advanced strategies in the past and never noticed a difference, I basically ignore that feature now. Strategies basically remain the same throughout the game. 

That is interesting that strategies don't do nothing within the game.  Without me asking the question, I would have assumed that setting strategies would have an impact since they are a key part of hockey.

9) What's the point of planning travel? What impacts does it have? Why wouldn't I always use planes?

I never mess with this feature, no reason too, again doesn't change the game in any major way. If you want to use plane and waste the time changing the setting, go ahead but it'll likely make no difference. A bad team on a plane is still a bad team. 

Again, since this is a feature within the game, I assumed it had some impact on the game in some capacity. I wasn't considering it a waste of time if it made an impact.

10) Do I have to manage the minor leagues? If I don't, will the computer coach do it for me?

What do you mean by manage? If you don't have at least 20 player in your minor system, the cpu will warn you to sign free agents or offer to create players for you, the created players are usually awful so it's better to sign a few career minor leaguers. Outside of editing your lines every so often there isn't much to do. The minor team shouldn't be of much concern. 

My question was if I do nothing to the minor leagues (set rosters, lineups, lines, etc.), would the computer do it for me?  I prefer just to focus on the NHL level and not worry about the minor leagues so I just wanted to make sure the computer would handle.  If it doesn't, that is fine, but I was just looking to find out the answer.

11) One of my players are on the injury list with ankle issue....but when I look at the injury screen, ankles/feet are completely green....how can that be?

This is a new feature(the injury diagram) so I can't answer but again I ask, what difference does it make? If your player is out, he's out, who cares what the injury screen says?

Really?  That is the answer your going to give and make me look like the bad guy.  There is a feature in the game that does not appear to be working and you tell me I shouldn't care about it.  I thought developers would appreciate customers pointing out an issue (if it really is an issue) so it could be fixed.  I wasn't making a big deal out of it, I simply asked if the description of the injury should be matched with the color coding.

12) What impacts does all the responsibilities have (hospital visits, media, roommates, curfew, dress code, etc.)....

This is another feature I don't use however on a rare instance you will get a player who will become unhappy because curfew is set too early and he wants more freedom or doesn't like dressing up. 

Again, I am asking this question to understand the impacts on the game.  I thought it was a fair question to understand how each of those categories could alter the game.  I understand you don't use it, but I was still interested in understanding it better.

13) Can someone explain how all the sponsorships/tv deals come into play? Recommendations on what to select?

The sponsorships highlighted in green are ones you can use, they all explain what they offer. The very first sponsor is a must, it deal with increasing tv viewership. The Tim and tom sponsor will give you a bonus hall of fame player if you win a cup, the very last sponsor will cut your scouting time in half. Lots of helpful sponsors there if you are eligible for them and take the time to read what they offer. 

Thanks, this is the kind of information I was looking to understand.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 23:26

givetimmyajob wrote:
I want to chime in on this salary thing. I've never had the experience mentioned in this thread either, not once. In past version, I have had a high salaried player get injured after the trade deadline and then not be able to continue because my salary structure was below the salary floor but never have I had a guy injured, come back and then have salary problems during the season. Maybe this is a flaw with the new version as I've only done two seasons so far and haven't figured out how the salary mass works so far.

My first year in legacy the mass was low but it didn't change during the season. The second year it seemed to be higher as I had plenty of money to go after free agents. In the third year, it seems lower as i've had to make trades to get below my required salary mass. After his first year Vladimir Malakhov (1.9 mil) turned down his qualifying offer and went to europe, with only three games left the next season he returned and I didn't have space for his salary so I had to release a player to put him on the PHL roster, that's the only situation where I've had to release players without making any roster changes on my own and Malakhov could have been sent to the minors without going through waivers, so I didn't have to release anyone, I chose to because of his skill level.

I understand that other people might not have seen it, but I was reporting what I saw within the game I played.  Why would I make it up?  As I stated, the issue occurred when I had a core player return from being injured.  The game asked me which player on my current roster I wanted to replace with the player coming off injury and I selected a player who was then sent down to the farm.  When I went to play my next game, I got the warning message that I exceeded the salary and had to release, trade, etc. a player to get back under the salary.  I did not make any other roster moves besides bringing the player back from injury.  It's good to know that it doesn't happen all the time per your experience, but at least in some scenario which happened in my game, it does.  Hopefully it is a rare condition, but it did happen.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 23:39

Grim, first, I don't work for the company, I'm just a long time player. I'd be glad to answer a million questions about this game because I really enjoy it but this forum is rather slow and when you give up on the game or having your questions answered after an hour, it looks suspicious. I apologize if I misread or offended you. 

Most of the questions you asked and were unsatisfied with my answers, all I can say is I've never noticed a major impact with those features. If they have any impact, it has to be small because I've had plenty of success with the game without messing with those features too much.

You don't have to do anything to your minor team if you don't want to. If any of your top prospect are playing in the minors, I'd check to make sure they are getting top six minutes but other than that nothing is required. 

Sometimes a player "consequence" will be "I'm tired of travelling on the bus(negative" or "Traveling on the bus really brings the team together(positive). You can play around with the travel if you want but the percentage of it making an impact is so low, that I don't bother with it. My opinion, not a developer.

Maybe strategies have some impact in the game, If I ever change strategies it's in the edit line screens. IN the past when I've built a deep team, I've wanted to roll four lines so tried to make that possible in the advance strategies but never noticed a major difference. I'm not saying it has zero impact, just not a noticable one. 

Player ratings is hard to describe because there are so many attributes. Normally, I'd like to have most my top six guys with green attributes in offensive areas and my bottom six green in defensive areas (control, physical, skating). 

As far as goalies, I rarely let my goalies start after two or three losses so I've never seen the cpu make the change.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 23:43

I wasn't accusing you of making anything up regarding the salary problem. Legacy is a new game and I've only gone through two season so far. When you recalled your injured player did you send the same player down that you initially called up to replace him?
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 23:55

givetimmyajob wrote:
Grim, first, I don't work for the company, I'm just a long time player. I'd be glad to answer a million questions about this game because I really enjoy it but this forum is rather slow and when you give up on the game or having your questions answered after an hour, it looks suspicious. I apologize if I misread or offended you. 

Most of the questions you asked and were unsatisfied with my answers, all I can say is I've never noticed a major impact with those features. If they have any impact, it has to be small because I've had plenty of success with the game without messing with those features too much.

You don't have to do anything to your minor team if you don't want to. If any of your top prospect are playing in the minors, I'd check to make sure they are getting top six minutes but other than that nothing is required. 

Sometimes a player "consequence" will be "I'm tired of travelling on the bus(negative" or "Traveling on the bus really brings the team together(positive). You can play around with the travel if you want but the percentage of it making an impact is so low, that I don't bother with it. My opinion, not a developer.

Maybe strategies have some impact in the game, If I ever change strategies it's in the edit line screens. IN the past when I've built a deep team, I've wanted to roll four lines so tried to make that possible in the advance strategies but never noticed a major difference. I'm not saying it has zero impact, just not a noticable one. 

Player ratings is hard to describe because there are so many attributes. Normally, I'd like to have most my top six guys with green attributes in offensive areas and my bottom six green in defensive areas (control, physical, skating). 

As far as goalies, I rarely let my goalies start after two or three losses so I've never seen the cpu make the change.

I never assumed you were part of the company and my intentions were totally misread.....I genuinely was asking questions to better understand and learn the game since I never played it in detail before.  I did not give up on the game because my questions weren't answered immediately (even stated I wasn't looking for an immediate response), but more so based on the reactions to my questions.  I did not set out to ask a specific number of questions, just happened to be the number of questions I had, but felt people thought I had negative intentions with the number I asked and it seemed people were "put off" by my questions.  A big part of my game buying decision is whether there is an active and helpful community to interact with since I enjoy discussing games with other people.  The other part of my buying decision is whether there is enough information available about the game where it is understandable and fun to play.  I am hoping my feedback is also considered helpful because I am sure there are plenty of potential new buyers that have the same questions as me.

When I saw all the features in the game, I just assumed they all had some level of impact on the game......that was the reason for all my questions to determine those impacts so I could maximize my enjoyment with the game.

Last edited by Grim.Reaper on Sun 2 Feb - 0:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 23:56

givetimmyajob wrote:
I wasn't accusing you of making anything up regarding the salary problem. Legacy is a new game and I've only gone through two season so far. When you recalled your injured player did you send the same player down that you initially called up to replace him?

unfortunately, I am not sure if the same player was sent down that I originally brought up as a replacement.  I thought it was, but I am not 100% sure.  Would that be the cause of the issue if it was someone different?  Does it have to be the same?
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb - 0:06

I don't think anyone minds questions, personally I like them as it opens up discussion about the game on the boards but the way you phrased your questions was a bit accusatory. I didn't see the replies that turned you off, I know CSC said something about not too many replies at one time but I don't think he was saying don't ask questions, just realize that sometimes it takes awhile for someone to respond. Give it at least 24 hours. As far as I can tell there are only three or four people participating on the english boards right now. The game went away for awhile and it'll take some time to get people back, the game just came out last week. 

It's a good game, certainly it has flaws but it's very cheap as far as video games go and despite your impressions today, the customer service is excellent.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb - 0:09

Grim, it doesn't have to be the same player but it could effect the salaries. Even if the two minor players only had a difference in 100,000 dollars in salary it could have been the cause of the game telling you to correct your finances. You can check the GM desk and if you are over budget, it will tell you so there. Then you can decide how much salary you need to move.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb - 0:16

givetimmyajob wrote:
I don't think anyone minds questions, personally I like them as it opens up discussion about the game on the boards but the way you phrased your questions was a bit accusatory. I didn't see the replies that turned you off, I know CSC said something about not too many replies at one time but I don't think he was saying don't ask questions, just realize that sometimes it takes awhile for someone to respond. Give it at least 24 hours. As far as I can tell there are only three or four people participating on the english boards right now. The game went away for awhile and it'll take some time to get people back, the game just came out last week. 

It's a good game, certainly it has flaws but it's very cheap as far as video games go and despite your impressions today, the customer service is excellent.

This is what I don't understand.....where in any of my posts did I state that I needed an immediate answer to any of my questions? I simply asked all my questions and did not make any demand for a response in any set time.  So I am not sure why so much is being made about response times.

I also don't see where my questions were accusatory...they either were questions on how something worked or pointing out possible issues.  Certainly is possible that different people interpret things differently, but none of my postings were ever meant to be negative.

At this point, probably enough said on this topic and will chalk it up to miscommunications....
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb - 0:22

givetimmyajob wrote:
Grim, it doesn't have to be the same player but it could effect the salaries. Even if the two minor players only had a difference in 100,000 dollars in salary it could have been the cause of the game telling you to correct your finances. You can check the GM desk and if you are over budget, it will tell you so there. Then you can decide how much salary you need to move.

Maybe I don't understand the rules around this process in the nhl....and will admit that if everything is working correctly and it is just me getting it wrong.  I always thought a players salary was counted against the budget whether on injured reserved or not.  Therefore, I would have thought the players salary was already hitting the payroll before he was made active again.  If that was the case, putting him back on the roster should not have all of a sudden cause a salary issue.  The player that was injured was a decent player where as the farm player was low cost.

So if salaries do go on and off the books if on injured reserve, then maybe I have it wrong.  Just have t seen that issue ever happen in the nhl.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb - 0:27

I think miscommunication is probably right, happens often on forums where all you have are words. I'm sure no harm or offense was meant by any of the replies. 

Feel free to ask any questions you like if you plan on coming back.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb - 0:33

I'm not sure how it works in the NHL but in Gm hockey I'm pretty sure if a player isn't in your starting line up (or the two to three healthy scratches you carry) his salary won't count against the salary cap or team budget. 

It's hard to give a direct reply without knowing which players were involved but like I said before you can check the gm desk and it will tell you exactly how much room in your budget you have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On Going Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Going Questions   On Going Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On Going Questions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next