Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortailPortail  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grim.Reaper
Prospect au repêchage/Draft prospect
Grim.Reaper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 1:26

Downloaded the demo and currently evaluating....few questions.

1)  Is there a game manual?  Seems to be a lot of options within the game, but not always sure how they work and the importance of them.  Such as when you start your career your asked if your married and have kids....what does those questions have to do with the game and what are the impacts?  Just a sample.

2)  Is there a way to sim your game without having to watch it and hit the continue button?  Since you can't really make any game choices, not sure why it is necessary to watch it.  I would much prefer to skip it.

3)  Is there a way to sim an entire season or multiple games at once?

4)  Is there a way to rename the league to something else besides "PHL"?

5)  How do the other tournaments work?  Olympics?  World's ? etc.  Not sure if they automatically come up or your supposed to do something?  Do you actually control them?

Generally speaking, I think there might be a good game lurking but I find myself fighting the user interface and without any kind of manual, hard to really understand what everything does within the game.
Back to top Go down
Phoen|x
Développeur/Developer
Développeur/Developer
Phoen|x

Number of posts : 12766
Registration date : 2006-10-27

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 11:17

Unfortunately, the answers to the 1st 4 questions is no.

I think a game manual would be welcomed. Not being able to sim more than one day at the time was an initial conception choice. We wanted to make more of a game than a sim.

As for the tournaments, if you don't make the playoffs, you may receive an invitation to build a team at the Worlds Championship. For the Olympics, the top PHL teams receive an invitation.

By the way, there are images/sounds packs that really improve the experience in our link section :)
http://24.226.222.37/alain/
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesims.net
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 11:29

Phoen|x wrote:
Unfortunately, the answers to the 1st 4 questions is no.

I think a game manual would be welcomed. Not being able to sim more than one day at the time was an initial conception choice. We wanted to make more of a game than a sim.

As for the tournaments, if you don't make the playoffs, you may receive an invitation to build a team at the Worlds Championship. For the Olympics, the top PHL teams receive an invitation.

By the way, there are images/sounds packs that really improve the experience in our link section :)
http://24.226.222.37/alain/

Ok, thank you.  I really feel without have a game manual or an active community in these forums where these topics are discussed regularly, going to make it really difficult to get into and support.  Just don't have any idea on impacts and/or what happens when certain decisions are made such as I stated in my first thread, why do I have to tell the game my married status and whether I have kids?  Doesn't seem like it should matter to this game.  What impacts do my travel plans have on the game?  What happens when I change game options?  I think if your looking to capture new players, I would strongly consider either creating a manual or some kind of online help.

It's a shame there are no sim options since having to hit the continue button just to see it play out is kind of tedious and in my opinion unnecessary since you can't really impact the outcome of the game.  Most text sims have these features because a portion of the audience don't want to manage the details, but just sim to see the outcomes.  It could be an optional feature so those that do enjoy it could still use it.

I did download the graphics and they do add to the game, so I appreciate those being provided.

Without understanding all the game mechanics (lack of manual), lack of features I mentioned, UI that could use some tweaks, and the user community seemingly small based on activity in this forum since release, I am just hesitant in jumping in....if I can fight through those items, I do think the underlying logic could be good....but I fear I will become frustrated.

Maybe as the forum activity picks up and people that are actually playing the game provide their feedback, I would change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Phoen|x
Développeur/Developer
Développeur/Developer
Phoen|x

Number of posts : 12766
Registration date : 2006-10-27

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 11:47

We neglicted the English community over the years, but we have decided to develop this aspect since the release. It will slowly but surely increase  Clin d'oeil 
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesims.net
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 12:00

Phoen|x wrote:
We neglicted the English community over the years, but we have decided to develop this aspect since the release. It will slowly but surely increase  Clin d'oeil 

Ok, hope it does pick up so that other's can share their experiences and help understand what all the features and options really mean within the game.
Back to top Go down
csc
Administrateur/Administrator
csc

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-02-04

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 12:50

Post like this already start to help us on our way to improve the game and the community. We are very eager to get feedback from customers like you because this helps us to make the game better.

We will for sure work on the point you made.

csc
Back to top Go down
http://www.logique-eclectic.com
givetimmyajob
1er choix au repêchage/1st draft choice
1er choix au repêchage/1st draft choice

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2013-09-13

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 17:45

Phoenix can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think married status has a huge impact on the game. That and what kind of "job" you had before becoming a GM (hockey player, agent) might influence your GM attributes (influence, negotiation).
Back to top Go down
Shadowjoe
Shadowjoe

Number of posts : 9815
Registration date : 2006-10-28

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb - 23:28

givetimmyajob wrote:
Phoenix can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think married status has a huge impact on the game. That and what kind of "job" you had before becoming a GM (hockey player, agent) might influence your GM attributes (influence, negotiation).
Being single, married or gay doesn't change anything at all abour your skills. Your previous job, however, may fluctuate the way some players will think about you, and your Boss at the same time

If you have a 90s-00s NY Rangers Country Club and say you were a soldier before, your dictatorship/discipline may lead you to some unaccepted behaviors from your players, if you know what I mean Clin d'oeil
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb - 19:06

Shadowjoe wrote:
givetimmyajob wrote:
Being single, married or gay doesn't change anything at all abour your skills. Your previous job, however, may fluctuate the way some players will think about you, and your Boss at the same time

If you have a 90s-00s NY Rangers Country Club and say you were a soldier before, your dictatorship/discipline may lead you to some unaccepted behaviors from your players, if you know what I mean Clin d'oeil

Thank you very much for the additional details.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions
Page 1 of 1