Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortailPortail  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Player dynasty

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
givetimmyajob
1er choix au repêchage/1st draft choice

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2013-09-13

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan - 17:22

We don't have a thread for dynasties yet so feel free to move this if one is created. 

I'm doing a player dynasty with a created prospect for the 92 draft. I'm controlling the islanders as GM (random team pick by cpu). My player was ranked as the 273rd rated prospect and with the Islanders I drafted him in the 11th round. Also drafted Sergei Gonchar, Mike Peca, Kirk Maltby, Jere Lehtinen and Adrian Aucoin. 

Player ratings/ SS-7, WS-5.5. BH -5.5, Speed-7, control- 8. passing-4.5, BW-4.5, roughness-1, fighting-2.5, endurance-6.5, LS-7, LQ- 6. 

Didn't have a spot for my player so sent him down to the minors. Season just starting, will update as I go.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan - 19:30

After ten minor games played my players season ended with a major concussion. He was out for 60 games but I tried to accelerate the injury, failed, so now it's 90 games.  Player dynasty 823145 

Having a tough time with the salary structure of the islanders. Already had to trade two useful players and I have to re-sign Turgeon and Steve Thomas, both want huge raises. 

Bill Clinton just became the 42nd president of the united states. ;)
Back to top Go down
Phoen|x
Développeur/Developer
Développeur/Developer
Phoen|x

Number of posts : 12766
Registration date : 2006-10-27

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan - 20:08

I will create the section later this week.
Keep going  Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesims.net
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan - 11:25

First season is about over. Islanders made the playoffs, lost in seven games to the flyers in the first round. 

Adam Oates led the league in scoring with 119 points. Cam neely led with 54 goals. USA won world jr's.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Prospect au repêchage/Draft prospect
Grim.Reaper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 11:38

Hello....I see you are doing a player dynasty.....how does that work with this game?  Thought it was only about controlling the GM, are there specific things in the game where you can control a player?  It also sounds like you created a player somehow, thought I read somewhere that the player creator editor wasn't going to be available until the first patch.

I appreciate any feedback you can provide.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 16:39

hey, Grim Reaper and welcome. The current version of the game doesn't have a "create a player" but you can create a prospect through the editor. You go to edit-draft prospects-then the year you want to start the game. You can create a prospect there. You don't have control over exact attributes that appear in the game but you can choose things like "talent, peformance, motivation" etc. When you create the player make sure you manually fill in all fields (name, location and attributes). Anytime I've left it for the cpu to do it, the player doesn't show up. 

I'm playing the game the same as anyone else as a GM but my main attention is placed on my created player. You can't control just one player, you have to pick a team and run the whole team, including your player. 

Hope this helps. Any other questions, let me know. I've been playing these games forever and would be glad to help!
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 16:55

Finished year two. Islanders finished as the top seed. Knocked off the three time defending cup champ, Penguins and came back from a 3-1 deficit in the finals to beat the Kings for the Cup! Hextall was mvp, signed in the off season after letting Healey go. My GM status is updated to Rejean Houle  Clown 

My player made the team going between the second and third line. 66 games played, 21 goals and 46 points, only 4 penalty minutes. 24 playoff games 5 goals, 15 points 6 penalty minutes. Scored an overtime goal in game five of the pittsburgh series for a 3-2 lead. My guy spent most the year frustrated because I held a vote for captain in training camp and he was one vote shy of being captain. His attitude is back up to a normal level now, hopefully it won't hurt his offseason progression too much. SS 8.5 WS 5 Bh 5.5 Speed 7 Control 9.5 passing 5 bw 4.5 roughness 1 fighting 2.5 endurance 7.5 leadership 7 life quality 6. 

Spent most my money in free agency on Hextall and Sylvain Cote. Drafted Adam Deadmarsh, Kevin Weekes, Brian Mcabe, Pavol Demetria. During the season traded Dean Sylvester and Dan Mcgillis for Nick Kypreos. 

Ian Laperriere was the teams leading scorer and second in the league in game winners. Tocchet led the league in scoring with 66 goals and 120 points. 

John Tortorella has died, too bad.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 19:02

givetimmyajob wrote:
hey, Grim Reaper and welcome. The current version of the game doesn't have a "create a player" but you can create a prospect through the editor. You go to edit-draft prospects-then the year you want to start the game. You can create a prospect there. You don't have control over exact attributes that appear in the game but you can choose things like "talent, peformance, motivation" etc. When you create the player make sure you manually fill in all fields (name, location and attributes). Anytime I've left it for the cpu to do it, the player doesn't show up. 

I'm playing the game the same as anyone else as a GM but my main attention is placed on my created player. You can't control just one player, you have to pick a team and run the whole team, including your player. 

Hope this helps. Any other questions, let me know. I've been playing these games forever and would be glad to help!

Thanks for the clarifications.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeSat 1 Feb - 23:49

A couple of notes to add. Brett Hull retired at the end of last season. Jere Lehtinen who was part of the cup run last season but sent back to the minors this year demanded that I trade for his friend Saku Koivu. That would have required me to make two roster spots available for both Koivu and Lehtinen. I tried trading him but couldn't in the middle of a challenge so I fired him.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb - 10:32

Strike shortened season. Had to trade Pierre Turgeon and Steve Thomas because of salary (Islanders have third lowest budget in the league). The average age of my team was 20 to 21. Here's my lines
created player/laperriere/hejduk
maltby/peca/foligno
kypreos/gallant/domi

malakhov/aucoin
mccabe/cote

hextall/fitzpatrick. 

Traded Jason Smith to get foligno. Did get a first rounder from new jersey for Turgeon, should be a high pick. 

Islanders were the sixth seed beat the rangers in the first round, then took the top seeded Penguins to overtime in game seven losing 1-0. 

Boston was down 0 games to 3 in the first round against buffalo, came back to win that series and eventually the cup over Detroit. Cam Neeley was po mvp. Mario led the league in scoring with 96 points in 48 games.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb - 17:36

Islanders made the playoffs as a seventh seed, knocked off top seeded penguins in the semifinals and lost in the cup finals to the Kings. Traded Sylvain Cote to Toronto for Wendell Clark. Lines looked something like this
clark/peca/hejduk
created player/laeperriere/deadmarsh
kypreos/stu barnes/foligno

malakhov/larry murphy(free agent signing, missed 20 games with drug suspension).
aucoin/mccabe

hextall/fitzpatrick. 

My created player hasn't reached franchise player status but is considered "an honest player with good offensive skills". 49 points, 21 goals in 65 games. 5 playoff goals in 12 games. Player is injured a lot and has yet to play more than 65 games. 

Kevin stevens led the league in points with 141 and 71 goals. Gretzky became the all time leading goal scorer this season and lead the league in assists with 97 and was the top playoff scorer.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb - 20:11

givetimmyajob wrote:
Islanders made the playoffs as a seventh seed, knocked off top seeded penguins in the semifinals and lost in the cup finals to the Kings. Traded Sylvain Cote to Toronto for Wendell Clark. Lines looked something like this
clark/peca/hejduk
created player/laeperriere/deadmarsh
kypreos/stu barnes/foligno

malakhov/larry murphy(free agent signing, missed 20 games with drug suspension).
aucoin/mccabe

hextall/fitzpatrick. 

My created player hasn't reached franchise player status but is considered "an honest player with good offensive skills". 49 points, 21 goals in 65 games. 5 playoff goals in 12 games. Player is injured a lot and has yet to play more than 65 games. 

Kevin stevens led the league in points with 141 and 71 goals. Gretzky became the all time leading goal scorer this season and lead the league in assists with 97 and was the top playoff scorer.

Wow...that is a lot of points and goals for Stevens....pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb - 1:02

New season. Just had a 31 game without loss streak broken, 29-0-2. Still have a 33 games with a point streak going. 

Grim, the penguins players are highly rated. tocchet has won two harts, barrasso two vezinas. But both left the penguins this season.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb - 5:15

givetimmyajob wrote:
New season. Just had a 31 game without loss streak broken, 29-0-2. Still have a 33 games with a point streak going. 

Grim, the penguins players are highly rated. tocchet has won two harts, barrasso two vezinas. But both left the penguins this season.

Penguins are my favorite team so good to see:)
Back to top Go down
Phoen|x
Développeur/Developer
Développeur/Developer
Phoen|x

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb - 10:55

I am a bit concerned by Lapperiere and Tocchet numbers lol.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb - 16:08

Well, I think the ability to go back in time and play the game makes it impossible to have accurate ratings because the attributes are so reliant on what happens during the season. 

Lapeirree had a huge second season with 95 points but I traded him this year looking for a center with higher passing attributes. Lost the first three games of the season, traded him then went on a 34 game unbeaten streak. 

I don't know if there is any randomness to the draft with the historical players, I mostly pick players I "know" regardless of where they are ranked and some guys have higher ratings than I would expect and then others will clearly never make the phl. 

The thing that caught my eye more than player stats were a couple of contracts handed out. Geoff Sanderson, who does have very high ratings but no real production signed a long term contract, making him the highest paid player in the league. Paul Kariya who won the calder signed a nine year contract for only two million a year, get a new agent Paul!

Pavel Bure has 50 goals in 52 games, I didn't catch if he made 50 in 50.
Back to top Go down
Phoen|x
Développeur/Developer
Développeur/Developer
Phoen|x

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb - 16:26

Some attributes in the past have been made manually. Other are generated according to this stats they had on a particular year. Still a work in progress regarding past seasons if you want my two cents.
Back to top Go down
givetimmyajob

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitimeWed 5 Feb - 10:22

I've started a new player dynasty with the San Jose Sharks beginning in 92. My player with the islanders got injured again and was going to miss the rest of the season and I drafted too many well known players, making the game easier.

San Jose should be a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player dynasty   Player dynasty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player dynasty
Page 1 of 1