Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortailPortail  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Finances?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grim.Reaper
Prospect au repêchage/Draft prospect
Grim.Reaper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Finances? Empty
PostSubject: Finances?   Finances? Icon_minitimeFri 7 Feb - 19:05

This topic may be covered in the FAQ later so that is fine if the response will be reserved for then, but thought I would ask here.  Trying to better understand finances. 

1)  In the first table, it shows every team with a negative balance, except one.  Some teams, a lot in debt.  Is this normal?  Is there a reason all the teams would have negative balances?  I don't know true life balances of teams, but do real life teams operate like this as the season progresses (this is after something like 30 games)?

2)  In the second table, it appears some teams don't pay rent or taxes.  Is that because they have some arrangement with their cities where they don't need to pay those amounts?

3)  My team is the second best team in the league right now (Pittsburgh)...but their attendance is only about 90%.  Since they are a good team in a good hockey town, is their something I am doing wrong in order to sell out their games?  My city says they have "high" loyalty as well.

Thanks for your help.

Finances? Fin1

Finances? Fin2
Back to top Go down
Napostriouf
Administrateur/Administrator
Administrateur/Administrator
Napostriouf

Number of posts : 2187
Registration date : 2006-10-27

Finances? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finances?   Finances? Icon_minitimeFri 7 Feb - 19:23

Grim.Reaper wrote:
1)  In the first table, it shows every team with a negative balance, except one.  Some teams, a lot in debt.  Is this normal?  Is there a reason all the teams would have negative balances?  I don't know true life balances of teams, but do real life teams operate like this as the season progresses (this is after something like 30 games)?

Yes and no! Many teams that you currently see in red gonna have positive balance during/after the playoff as tickets revenue double during the playoff!

Also take in note that depending when you start your dynasty, game intend to lowering salary cap. As AVERAGE price are too low versus the expense. So even if you raise your ticket price not only you will loose fan faith (so loosing people who's gonna buy your ticket) but as your price is too much higher than the average, people won't massively buy your ticket as they gonna feel they are rip-off... So it's very important to follow what is the league average versus your fan loyalty versus your fan faith versus your performance versus the average rivalry rating against teams you play at home to determined what gonna be the ideal price of your tickets. Also don't change your price too often it may make flee your partisans...

Grim.Reaper wrote:
2)  In the second table, it appears some teams don't pay rent or taxes.  Is that because they have some arrangement with their cities where they don't need to pay those amounts?

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.napostriouf.com/
Phoen|x
Développeur/Developer
Développeur/Developer
Phoen|x

Number of posts : 12766
Registration date : 2006-10-27

Finances? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finances?   Finances? Icon_minitimeFri 7 Feb - 19:33

I will talk about the finances in an upcoming FAQ update.

Also, note that playoffs games are straight money in your pocket, without any players salaries to pay, so the finances get better for about half the teams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesims.net
Grim.Reaper
Grim.Reaper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Finances? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finances?   Finances? Icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb - 6:53

Thanks for the responses.
Back to top Go down